[PLUG] Win98 -- overwrite?

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 17:54:01 UTC 2002

--- Russ Johnson <russj at dimstar.net> wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Tyler F. Creelan wrote:
> > > I have a simple (but vital) question: Can I
> reinstall Windows 98
> > > without overwriting my other partitions using
> the win98 cd?
> >
> > Simple, but vital, but also off-topic.

No, you can't. You must make a Linux boot disk before
doing this, or you won't be a Linux user any more
after you are done. [You won't overwrite the Linux
partition itself, but you will overwrite the MBR.] In
this sense the question is not off-topic; the list
doesn't include many former Linux users.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."