[PLUG] Re: OT Cell Phone and PDA thanks

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Mon Jun 24 19:54:27 UTC 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Neil Anuskiewicz wrote:
> Cell phones in particular hurt the quality of life.
[snip]
> Whatever happened to basic courtesy and being aware of the effects of
> actions on others?

And people don't really take it seriously if you mention it to them.

I've got a solution that works for me, of course.  I just strike up a
little conversation with the offender when they get off the phone.  I
share details I overheard from their telephone conversation.

"So, you close the deal on Tuesday?  I mean, the house on Alameda, of
course."

"What?"

"You're buying that house on Alameda.  So you're going to be out closing
that deal on Tuesday afternoon, you and your wife?"

"That was a private telephone call."

"No, it wasn't.  Everyone on the bus heard it.  If you want a PRIVATE
telephone call, use a telephone booth or your home phone."

> Also, of course, we have all seen morons talking and driving. Often
> they swerve without realizing it because they think they can do both
> but it is an illusion.

As if driving weren't deadly enough...

J.
--