[PLUG] Network routing

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Tue Jun 25 01:40:05 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Russell <miker at netsailer.com> writes:

Mike> maybe I am wrong, but I thought the "192.168.0.0" IP block was
Mike> non-routing.

Russell> Define "non-routing".

Mike> you can not ping from a 192.168.x.x network to a 192.168.n.x
Mike> network like you can with a public IP block, or telnet and HTTP.

In that case, you are wrong.  You just can't address them _across_ a
public network, where "public network" is defined as the routers that
don't route those addresses.  ;-)

On your private network, you can route anything you want in just about
any way you want.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible