[PLUG] Re: News Gateway

Richard Langis Jr. richard.langis at sun.com
Tue Jun 25 15:37:52 UTC 2002

Unfortunately, that's not the way Mailman works.  There is only ONE
place to select wether the list is open OR subscribe-only.  AFAIK, there
isn't an option to allow anonymous news gateway posts AND make the
regular email list subscriber only.

I'm sure someone with more programming skill than I could hack it up to
make it perform that way, however I've only a smattering of perl, and
Mailman is coded in Python.  Perhaps I'll submit a request to the
developers, asking if this is possible for this and/or future revisions
of Mailman.

-Richard

--
s u n  m i c r o s y s t e m s