[PLUG] (forw) smtp attack from 208.187.215.242

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at attbi.com
Tue Jun 25 23:16:58 UTC 2002

I'm starting to see some port 22 probes. Maybe in connection with the
OpenSSH vulnerability that's been mentioned lately?

It seems like a pretty big deal as I received an email from SuSE's
Security mailing list and they ranked it a severity 9 out of 10 so it's
quite severe. They were recommending disabling SSH or block external
access to SSH until details of the vulnerability were published.

--
Anthony Schlemmer
aschlemm at attbi.com