[PLUG] mail client that play nice?

Jason Dagit dagit at engr.orst.edu
Wed Jun 26 19:22:29 UTC 2002

I was wondering if anyone knows of a mail client that will play nice with
pine.  The current setup is that I use pine at school for IMAP.  I use
procmail and I filter many things into folders and I don't want to lose
any mail.  At home I use a modem.  What I have been doing in the past is
to dial in, then use ssh to connect to the schools server and use pine
from there, meaning that I have to be connected while I write my emails.
What I would like to be able to do is to dial in, synchronize my email at
home, disconnect and read and reply to email at my leisure.  Then
re-synchronize when I'm done.  And when I'm on campus I would still like to
be able to use pine like I always have.

I tried recently to use RMAIL in emacs but I felt violated after it copied
my entire inbox to a file called ~/RMAIL, because the next time I used
pine the mail from my inbox was gone.  And also it screwed up a mime
attachment that I hadn't had a chance to open yet.

So the things I would need:
	1. Deals with my mail offline
	2. It doesn't ruin my inbox
	3. It can find the mail folders that pine uses, on my school
	   account (synchornizes with them)
	4. Compatible with pine
	5. Makes me a better person :)

Any ideas people?  And if this is too far off from a linux topic I
apologize.

Thanks,
Jason