[PLUG] Sendmail Stumper

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Jun 28 12:47:42 UTC 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 gilmanhunt at attbi.com wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm having a problem when Macintosh OutLook Express
> (*cough*) senbd messages with an attachment.  Some
> clients, not all of the ones on the network.  Basically,
> the conversation goes like:

I ran into a similar problem while working for a small ISP (VERY small)
but in the opposite direction.  Customers would complain about not being
able to get their mail.  I'd look at it and find huge attachments -
graphics, and sometimes cute programs.  I'd go to a non-MS system (Linux)
and have them down in no time at all.
   Best thing we could determine is it was (and there was some supporting
evidence) was the MS TCP/IP stack.  Point being check on the TCP/IP stuff
on the MACs.  Is it the same on the ones that work and the one that
don't?

Also I didn't read this as carefully as I should have so I not sure if you
might be having a cabling problem also.  Are the working and non-working
systems on the same hub/segment?  Ran into a network that had a HUB with
bad ports.   Same kind of erratic problems.

Best,
Rod