[PLUG] Debian Install

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Sat Jun 29 08:29:45 UTC 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 11:17 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Bill Spears wrote:
> > OK, I thought I was installing testing (woody) bf2.4 flavor. Yet, when
> > I look at /etc/apt/sources.list I see lines refering to stable. They
> > should refer to testing shouldn't they?
>
> I've had that problem with this part of the install.
>
> For some reason, after the reboot and the base system is installed, it
> defaults to stable.  I just edit the sources list by hand when it asks to
> choose a server and punch in a testing tree.
>
> Change to testing, run apt-get update, then dist-upgrade.  Then you have
> to pick through the packages by hand.
>
> Annoying, but they're beta floppies.
>
> J.

Boy am I glad to hear that.  I was just about ready to give up on D.
Well, it's doing its thing now. I still find deselect a  little confusing. I
thought I was telling it, "OK, I accept your recommendations for resolving
the conflicts, now let me install.", but it wouldn't accept them for some
reason.  Next time, I'll try flowers or  candy.

In the mean time, while waiting to get X going, I'm surfing with lynx. I may
never go back.