[PLUG] NIC Card installation under Redhat 7.1

Philip Wren pcwren at email.msn.com
Tue Mar 19 05:18:19 UTC 2002

Good Morning, all

            I am a newbie to Linux and I am currently working on a box
that I would like to have two Nic cards in it. the system is:

Model  : Deskpro 4000
CPU    : Intel 166
Hard    : 2 gigs
cdrom : yes
Floppy : yes

O/S     : Redhat 7.1

I used the drivers located on the 3com site first and then a generic
driver I located that said it supported the Nic card I was using.

            It is configured as a NFS server as part of a project I am
doing.I want to install the 3com card (3c905b) as well as have the
integrated Nic work but when I try to install the rpm that has the drive
in it I get :

Modules should never use kernel-header system headers
and
But headers from an appropriate kernel-source

When I try to do "rpm -bb SPECS/bcm5700.spec" command to create the rpm
to install.if I understand the instructions correctly. If anyone has
thoughts about how to correct this let me know.thanks.