[PLUG] Linux 7.2 Printer Problem

Robert RobertsLinuxPosts at CorralCreek.com
Tue Mar 19 07:22:50 UTC 2002

I just installed Linux 7.2 for the first time and am having a problem.

I finally got it to access my home network and my HP laser printer with a
jetdirect card, but then it lost internet access, although it would still
sign-on to AT&T just fine, it just wouldn't access the WWW.  When I selected
"Use Hardware Address" in "Network Configuration" it started to access the
WWW with AT&T again, but now I lost the HP LAN printer as well as a local
NEC printer.  Changing the settings back makes no difference, I still can't
access the printers. I can access the LAN fine and even visit the HP
JetDirect built-in homepage.

I am getting a  " localhost.localdomain bad "  message on bootup ( I don't
know if it was there all along or just started) and it seems to be directly
connected to the printing problem.  I tried changing the settings around,
from leaving them blank to changing the names and settings, but nothing
works.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Thanks,
Robert