[PLUG] Swapless swapfile? (Workstation with 1gb RAM)

Aaron Baer judah at opusnet.com
Thu Mar 21 16:21:59 UTC 2002

Of course these sorts of things sound strange when you think about a
desktop system. But what about a machine that's running 5 instances of
Oracle, Apache, ftp, SAP, (add your favorite here). In cases like that
you're not only going to want a lot of ram in the machine you're going
to want a heck of a lot of swap space too so that all of those
application have room to do what they need.

I agree with Randy also, I think that the one for one ratio started
later in the 2.4 cycle around 2.4.10. I suggest using anything above
2.4.16 .. 17 has been great..

A-

--
----