[PLUG] Why RedHat?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 22 19:21:50 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, T.T.F. Creelan wrote:

> I was wondering why most, or at least many, of the people who write on
> this list use Red Hat. It seems like RH is considered the
> standard linux distribution in other circles as well.

  Ed said it quite well. If you need to understand why your question is
rather pointless, ask your friends why the drive the brand of car they do.
After all, every car will take you from place to place and do other things
cars are supposed to do. Some get better gas milage than others, still
others have better repair records. So, if you're not driving the one I find
to have the best gas millage and lowest cost of ownership, why not?

  Same logic with linux distributions. They're all GNU/linux, pick one you
like and let others do their own picking.