[PLUG] multiplexing modems with Linux?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri Mar 22 21:08:59 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Steve" == Steve Jorgensen <jorgens at coho.net> writes:

Steve> 1.  For true load balancing between 2 separate connections, you
Steve> would need your own PSN and have to use BGP.  This will not be
Steve> possible using any dial-up service I've ever heard of.  Some
Steve> sort of load sharing is possible, but it's really complicated.

I would think, at least theoretically, that you could configure
IPTables to round-robin the masqueraded outbound TCP connections
between the two modem interfaces, but I've never tried it before.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible