[PLUG] Sunfire 280R install

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Mar 22 21:24:24 UTC 2002

I just received four Sunfire 280R machines for our lab at Tripwire.

I put in the video card, and installed the machines in my rack. Hooked up
the video/keyboard/mouse, and away I go.

Turn on the key, push the start button.

Video come up, and the following message is displayed:

Boot device: disk       File and args:
krtld: load_exec: fail to expand cpu/$CPU
krtld: error during initial load/link phase
panic - boot: exitto64 returned from client program
Program terminated
ok

I've also tried to "boot cdrom" to try installing Solaris 8. I get the same
message, except for the boot device.

The only hits of any perceived relevance from google show this as a message
you get when the Ultra Sparc III tries to boot with an unsupported version
of Solaris. According to the documentation, any Solaris 8 from 1/01 on
should be good. I've tried 4/01 and 7/01. I'm just finishing up a 2/02
download, but I'm not optimistic.

Anyone out there have any ideas on this?

Russ Johnson
Stargate Online

http://www.dimstar.net
telnet://telnet.dimstar.net
ICQ: 3739685

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.