[PLUG] Sunfire 280R install

Richard Langis richard.langis at sun.com
Fri Mar 22 21:45:14 UTC 2002

Russ Johnson wrote:

> Boot device: disk       File and args:
> krtld: load_exec: fail to expand cpu/$CPU
> krtld: error during initial load/link phase
> panic - boot: exitto64 returned from client program
> Program terminated
> ok
>
> Anyone out there have any ideas on this?

At the 'ok' prompt, try 'show-disks' - your disk alias might be corrupt.
After show-disks, the OBP should tell you how to set the correct alias for
your disk.

Since it affects the CD-ROM as well, I'd say the alias is set to select a
different controller than the one you've currently got installed.

-R

--
s u n  m i c r o s y s t e m s

   ~ Richard Langis Jr. ~