[PLUG] /bin/bash permission denied

scott at opensoars.com scott at opensoars.com
Fri Mar 22 22:33:47 UTC 2002

Hello all, I have a problem thats very curious... I have had this same
problem with many files, but this is just an example. I have been trying
to install 'quake 1', from the package 'sqauke' (for SVGA). I actually
wanted to give ttyquake a run, and squake is required. Anyway, when I try
to run it with bash, i get
$ ./squake
./squake: Command not found.

$ ls -l squake
-rwxr-xr-x    1 pheph    pheph      438376 Aug  7  1997 squake

$ file squake
squake: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), not stripped

$ ldd squake
/usr/bin/ldd: ./squake: No such file or directory

So it seems like the 'file' exists, but anything that attempts to access
it as an executable thinks it doesn't exist... Any clues? Thanx,
-Scott