[PLUG] libcrypto

Karl M. Hegbloom karlheg at microsharp.com
Sat Mar 23 01:39:35 UTC 2002

    Dave> I have a Redhat 7.2 box that I need to install some RPM's
    Dave> that require libcrypto.so.3.  I get a long list of
    Dave> dependency failures for libcrypto.so.2 when trying to
    Dave> install the newest openssh packages. Anyone have any
    Dave> knowledge of how to build a backward compatible RPM for the
    Dave> libcrypto.so.2?

 I see no dependancy on "libcrypto" or on "libssl"...  Or on Red Hat
 technical support (about $8.50 an hour).

A horse!  A horse!  My kingdom for a horse!
		-- Wm. Shakespeare, "Henry VI"
karlheg at juniper:~
% apt-cache show ssh
Package: ssh
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 1320
Maintainer: Matthew Vernon <matthew at debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Source: openssh
Version: 1:3.0.2p1-8
Provides: rsh-client
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4), libpam0g (>= 0.72-1), libssl0.9.6, libwrap0, zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.3), libpam-modules (>= 0.72-9), debconf
Suggests: ssh-askpass, xbase-clients, dpkg (>=1.8.3.1), dnsutils
Conflicts: ssh-nonfree, ssh-socks, ssh2, debconf (<<0.2.17), debconf-tiny (<<0.2.17), sftp, rsh-client (<<0.16.1-1)
Filename: pool/non-US/main/o/openssh/ssh_3.0.2p1-8_i386.deb
Size: 599746
MD5sum: e0a4bb2cfcde298a968ccdcc0bbb32f6
 This is the portable version of OpenSSH, a free implementation of
 the Secure Shell protocol as specified by the IETF secsh working
 group.
 .
 Ssh (Secure Shell) is a program for logging into a remote machine
 and for executing commands on a remote machine.
 It provides secure encrypted communications between two untrusted
 hosts over an insecure network.  X11 connections and arbitrary TCP/IP
 ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel.
 It is intended as a replacement for rlogin, rsh and rcp, and can be
 used to provide applications with a secure communication channel.
 .
 .
 This software may be freely imported into the United States; however,
 the United States Government may consider re-exporting it a criminal
 offense.  Thus, if you are outside the US, please retrieve this
 software from outside the US.
 In some countries, particularly Russia, Iraq, Pakistan, and France, it
 may be illegal to use any encryption at all without a special permit.

karlheg at juniper:~
% apt-cache search libcrypto
libssl0.9.6 - SSL shared libraries
karlheg at juniper:~