[PLUG] Secure Bind 9 uHOWTO

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Sat Mar 23 03:31:53 UTC 2002

Also Sprach Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg at pdxlinux.org> on Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 05:09:27PM PST
> I just "finished" up writing a μHOWTO on how I've configured Bind 9
> on drizzle.pdxlinux.org.  It runs as a non-root user, in a chroot
> garrison.  "drizzle" is a stealth master, and does not actually serve as
> the zone's DNS as far as the Internet is concerned.
>
> http://people.pdxlinux.org/~karlheg/Secure_Bind9_uHOWTO/Secure_Bind_9_uHOWTO.xhtml
>
> The docbook source is in the same directory, as are the scripts and lisp
> that are mentioned.
>
>  (sent via Evolution -> exim on mail.pdxlinux.org)

What a waste of time!  There's already a much better document at
http://www.cymru.com/~robt/Docs/Articles/secure-bind-template.html
that doesn't include lots of time-wasting nonsense about using Emacs
as a probulator and zone-file maintainer.  And it has recommendations
about ACLs and such that your document lacks.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
irc.linux.com                             #orlug,#pdxlug,#lnxs