[PLUG] Anybody heard of this: A WARNING TO OUR CUSTOMERS ?

Ben Murray bmurray617 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 23 22:07:27 UTC 2002

I read about his on a hosting forum...I haven't seen the exact email
that VeriSign sent out, but I have seen comments from people who run
various domain registrars besides GoDaddy.com that say several of their
customers either switched or almost did because they were misled and
trying to switch to VeriSign.

Sadly, this doesn't surprise me in the least though.  Judging from my
past experiences with Network Solutions in addition to their past
business practices they have some serious ethical issues...hopefully
some of the competing registrars have the resources to follow up on this
through legal means.

Ben