[PLUG] Fishing for suggestions - Syncing multiple servers?

ed at alcpress.com ed at alcpress.com
Sun Mar 24 23:07:34 UTC 2002

For scenario 1, I use rsync over ssh.

For scenario 2, it seems that more frequent synchronization
would require the cooperation of your application program(s).
I have the same need and I intend on implementing
transaction files at each site for times when the sites can't
communicate with one another. Periodically, a housekeeping
program will sync both sites to one another - again over a
SSH link. Note that this synchronization is syncing database
tables (records) - not syncing database files. If there's a better
way, I'd like to hear it.

Ed