[PLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installation problem

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 25 02:45:24 UTC 2002

I have support from Mandrake for 60 days, but I
thought I'd also submit the incident to this list for
possible insight:

My newly-installed Mandrake system boots Windows. It
also boots itself from a floppy (which drive isn't
usually connected). It doesn't boot from the "linux"
option on the boot menu:

Mounting root filesystem
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev id0(3,3)
mount: error 22 mounting ext3 flags Freeing unused
kernel memory: 712K freed
Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init = option
to kernel.
(Hangs at that point)

Can I get into the installation on /dev/hda3 in
"rescue" mode and change something? Or will I have to
wire my floppy drive externally so I can boot into
Mandrake from it every time? Root mount point is high
on 60 GB disk, above 4000 cylinders.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."