[PLUG] Just to keep the record straight....

Harvey Smythe HSmythe at wstgroup.com
Wed Mar 27 21:47:47 UTC 2002

Paul Heinlein wrote:

Message: 3
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:36:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Need a RedHat Linux Guru for ad hoc project work

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Harvey Smythe wrote:

> Having been a "Microsoft kind of guy" for a long time (since 1976
> actually),

Hmm. MS-DOS wasn't released until 1981. Or are you talking about BASIC?

Paul, are you the Paul Heinlein that used live in Silicon Valley and give
talks at Computer Literacy?  If so, I would expect you to know better – you’
ve been around long enough.

Microsoft was in business long before MS-DOS.  I was a beta tester and one
of the very first corporate clients for Microsoft Fortran-C when Bill and
Paul were still sharing space in Alberquerqe with IMSAI.  I was VP of
Software Development for Schlage Electronics at the time (I’m old fart).

BTW, as an old guy, my memory isn’t what it used to be – it might have been
1977.

Harvey Smythe
Vice President, Product Development
WST Group, Inc.
hsmythe at wstgroup.com
(503) 296-2400 Portland office and voice-mail
(503) 296-2400 Portland fax
(503) 803-1914 mobile
(503) 635-8832 home
(415) 457-6572 San Anselmo office