[PLUG] GIMP plug-in: GUASH

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Mar 28 23:31:09 UTC 2002

  I figured out the problem: the plug-in looks for thumbnails for every file
in the directory, and each directory below it. So, if you start the GIMP
from a taskbar icon the top directory is ~/.

  What I did was create a photo/ directory under the project directory, then
created subdirectories under photo/ for each year. Rather than start GIMP
from the icon, I opened another vt, changed to the specific directory in
which I want to work, then invoked the GIMP and the GUASH plug-in. It still
takes a while with high-resolution images (and a bunch of 'em, at that) on
my ol' PII/333, but it's working now.

  Too bad the applet didn't come with instructions. :-) But, now that I
killed about an hour, I can see all the images and select the ones I want
for the reports.

Whew!