[PLUG] Journaling file systems info

Charles Schmidt charles.schmidt at timberline.com
Fri Mar 29 16:36:40 UTC 2002

Go to http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-fs9.html

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean S. Messing [mailto:deanm at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 7:13 PM
To: plug at lists.pdxlinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Journaling file systems info

  Bruce Kingsland writes:
 :: Nice, but very brief summary. I was hoping to learn a few more
 :: details. Any ideas where more details are?

I probably posted it to quickly.  I was following the discussion over on the
Mandrake-experts list, the link came by, I ran over and saw the nice table,
and thought "hey, pluggers would appreciate this".  Then I posted to PLUG
and went back to the site and had the same thought as you.

It _is_ a wiki, however, so tomorrow there is likely to be more info. When
Civileme (a Mandrake employee and heavyweight) weighs in, I hope to see more
info.  Main message from his tests, and others comments:

   ext3 is a dog compared to reiserfs and XFS when it comes to speed, but
   is probably the most "robust".

Dean