[PLUG] security?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Fri Mar 29 17:12:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 20:36, Bruce Kingsland wrote:
> I get to manage it's activities until it shows a
> profitable potential! And with days like this, it's not a good showing.}

The problem with ftp has nothing to do with linux. The same thing can
happen with any unix. If you use a privileged users account to access
the system via ftp, then the password can be compromised.

For that reason, ftp should only be considered for anonymous
connections.

If you need users to transfer files, then use scp (comes with openssh).