[PLUG] The Bitter Network Administrator

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Mar 30 05:08:05 UTC 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 dougchick at thenetworkadministrator.com wrote:
> > The Network Administrator
> >
> >         &nb sp;     A Website Dedicated to Computer Professionals
> >
> >  and those not so professional
> [snip]
> > | Copyright 2001  TheNetworkAdministrator.com & DougChick.com |
>
> Can't we call this spam and ban this lunkhead?

Spam Assassin already did:

SPAM: -------------------- Start SpamAssassin results ----------------------
SPAM: This mail is probably spam.  The original message has been altered
SPAM: so you can recognise or block similar unwanted mail in future.
SPAM: See http://spamassassin.org/tag/ for more details.
SPAM:
SPAM: Content analysis details:   (14.8 hits, 5 required)
SPAM: Hit! (0.6 points)  From: does not include a real name
SPAM: Hit! (2.0 points)  Invalid Date: header (no timezone)
SPAM: Hit! (2.5 points)  BODY: Uses a dotted-decimal IP address in URL
SPAM: Hit! (-0.2 points) BODY: Includes a URL link to send an email
SPAM: Hit! (3.5 points)  BODY: Link to a URL containing "remove"
SPAM: Hit! (-0.1 points) BODY: Includes a 'remove' email address
SPAM: Hit! (4.5 points)  HTML-only mail, with no text version
SPAM: Hit! (2.0 points)  Received via a relay in relays.osirusoft.com
SPAM:                    [RBL check: found
107.235.26.209.relays.osirusoft.com.]
SPAM:
SPAM: -------------------- End of SpamAssassin results ---------------------

Shit, there was so much HTML in his stupid email that I couldn't read the
damn thing. If he had come to a PLUG meeting & puked in front of the entire
group, it would have had the same effect on me.

I'm thinking of putting the HTML entry BACK into my procmail file because
of jerks like him.

Geoff