[PLUG] Looking for somebody to set up cvs

Kenneth G. Stephens kens at cad2cam.com
Sat Mar 30 08:43:14 UTC 2002

If you are trying to setup a cvs server, then make sure your pserver is
running.  Usually it runs out of inet, but in later versions of Linux it can
be run out of xinetd.

In your environment set CVSROOT to your repository were a directory cvsroot
has been created by the command cvs import <project> where project is
usually a directory name in your current working directory.  All files under
this directory will be "imported" into your repository (remember your
CVSROOT=repository directory.)

To work on your new project, cvs checkout <project> from a new working
directory of your choice.

To commit work from your new working directory, cvs checkin <project>.  cvs
will request a comment and lead you through anything it needs.

You may want to get a neat book on the subject
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/cvspr/ or other equally fine reference book.
There is an OK man page on cvs.