[PLUG] Keyboard query

T tk-plug at perljam.net
Wed May 1 07:07:36 UTC 2002

Hi all,

  I've gotten a query from a friend of mine that I'm just not sure how
to address.  The initial problem was that his backspace key wasn't
deleting the character to the left of the cursor until after he logged
in - if he mis-typed his login name, he was unable to correct it (the
"famous" ^H problem).  I was pretty sure I recognized that, & pointed
him to this page

  http://www.ibb.net/~anne/keyboard.html

which helped, but  then he replied saying that his break key wasn't
working the way that he'd grown to expect when using WinDoze.  His
distro is RH, but I'm not certain of the version - probably 7.x (I'd
know more, but he's about 1500 miles away).

In any case, his description of the problem is below.  I've been
looking in the "Keyboard and Console HOWTO" (as well as the man pages
for toe, tic, terminfo & tset) but I'm now getting a bit sleepy & I've
not yet seen it...  Will tackle it again in the morning...

Many thanks for any enlightenment...

T.

--
"To know recursion, you must first know recursion"