[PLUG] A minimal, secure appache installation

Paul Heinlein heinlein at attbi.com
Wed May 1 13:49:44 UTC 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've followed the threads here on http server vulnerabilities and I've not
> before installed or configured apache. Now I have a few reasons to do so. I
> downloaded the .src.rpm for the latest 2.0.x release. Before opening port 80
> on my firewall I want to read about securing the server.
>
>   Please point me to some docs I should read as a complete tyro on
> installing, configuring and managing a web server.

The Apache documentation, available in your source tarball and online,
includes two docs worth reading:

* Security Tips for Server Configuration
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/security_tips.html

* Authentication, Authorization, and Access Control
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/auth.html

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein at attbi.com>