[PLUG] ipchains question

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed May 1 17:36:47 UTC 2002

  In my floppyfw's firewall.ini, I re-ordered some protocol rules so all the
accepts came before the denys. After rebooting the box, I saw that the rules
were listed by protocol (TCP or UDP), the origin (generally 'anywhere'), the
destination ('salmo.appl-ecosys.com') and the action (ACCEPT or DENY).

  The listed hostname for ssh (port 22) and postfix (port 25) are fine. But,
I want to install apache on a different host here ('caddis' rather than
'salmo'). I grepped all the files in the floppyfw without finding a
reference to 'salmo' that I could change to 'caddis'.

  Will someone please explain to me from where floppyfw gets that hostname
as a destination? I want the hppt server on another box because it has much
more hard drive space and is very lightly used. Besides, it's actually a
faster box than my main server/workstation (it's newer).

Thanks,