[PLUG] Recommended configure options for apache?

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu May 2 03:14:09 UTC 2002

Also Sprach Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> on Wed, May 01, 2002 at 07:43:28PM PDT
> On 1 May 2002, Keith Nasman wrote:
>
> > If you really want to spend the least amount of time, why not go with
> > the RedHat RPMs? (assuming you do RPMs :-) One command and a few minutes
> > and your up, and on to the real job of configuring mailman. Of course
> > you'll have to create/move a website to the docroot.
>
> Keith,
>
>   Only because the only packages I found are 1.3.x. I suppose that for my
> purposes it doesn't matter which version I'm using and I could always
> upgrade when someone creates a .src.rpm for me to rebuild.

2.0 is still pretty bleeding edge.  It's released as stable now,
but a number of 3rd party modules are just being ported to work
with it (for example, PHP4).  For your purposes, I don't see much
reason to not use 1.3.  It's been pretty rock-solid for some time.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
                * Linux and Network Consulting *
irc.linux.com                                     #orlug,#lnxs