[PLUG] You can't break it up??

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Thu May 2 20:11:09 UTC 2002

I'd like to know what the M$ definition of a "machine" is.

Seems like if you took donations for motherboards, cases, video cards,
NIC's, etc. none of the pieces could be called a "machine".  The only
thing that would be questionable would be storage, if the OS comes on
the harddrive, it may have to stay there (legally).

On the other hand, by not running that other OS, you are not agreeing to
the license agreement, as per the agreement, and, as per the agreement,
you must uninstall all software that you don't agree with and destroy
any backup copies (which is just the way we want it).  Nowhere does it
mention that you have to take the machine back to the retailer.

In fact, doesn't the license agreement give you the _right_ (as in
privilege) to run the software, as long as you agree to the terms.  It
has been a while since I have read through the entire agreement, but I
don't recall it stating that I _must_ run the software, it has always
been, you _may_ run this software if you agree to these terms.

Ok, I know I'm rambling, but where does M$ get this sh*t?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Derek Loree