[PLUG] You can't break it up??

Derek Loree derek at infotects.com
Thu May 2 21:20:50 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 13:41, Longman, Bill wrote:
> > In fact, doesn't the license agreement give you the _right_ (as in
> > privilege) to run the software, as long as you agree to the terms.  It
> > has been a while since I have read through the entire agreement, but I
> > don't recall it stating that I _must_ run the software, it has always
> > been, you _may_ run this software if you agree to these terms.
>
> The license only states that the software must stay with the machine. It
> does not say that the machine must stay with the software. There is a big
> difference.
I think I get it, this means that you have to throw away the software,
instead of installing it on another machine.  In which case, the
donation instructions (from the M$ site) are only valid if the
organization will be using any M$ OS on the donated machine.  So the
organization can accept the donation without the original OS docs and
disks, as long as the organization agrees to never run an M$ OS on the
donated machine.

This actually sounds reasonable, from a linux advocate point of view,
anyway.

Am I missing something in this translation?

Keep PLUGing.

Derek Loree