[PLUG] You can't break it up??

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 2 21:53:16 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Longman, Bill wrote:

> Or, they'll be more than happy to oblige you to hop onto the upgrade
> treadmill. Can't you just see George Jetson calling for Jane while Astro
> sits comfortably watching?...

  I just finished speaking with my insurance agent. He hates Bill Gates,
Microsoft and Windows with a passion. Unfortunately, all the insurance
software runs only on Windows. At the office he's running w2k and it's been
stable for him. At home, they run XP and I would not quote him here, for
children might be reading this list. XP apparently crashes regularly, wipes
out files and creates great anger and misery in the family.

  He's heard of linux and wishes us well in displacing Microsoft on the
desktop. He also is hoping that the states prevail in their lawsuit because,
in his words, the settlement of the federal case was a bigger capitulation
than was running out of Viet Nam for the US government.