[PLUG] YAKCP - Yet Another Kernel Compile Problem

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Thu May 2 22:31:41 UTC 2002

Sisters and Brothers,

Last night, while attempting for the second time to compile the 2.4.8 kernel
on my new P4, I couldn't get the modules to compile.

make xconfig: checked and unchecked the appropriate boxes. All fine.
make deps bzImage modules modules-install: goes through deps and bzImage but
dies on the modules.

It looked like the error message came from missing source code. But if the
kernel compiled does that not imply that at least most of the code is
around?

I'd have posted the error message but....

That's what the next email/call for help is about....

--
WEL