[PLUG] AX4T Mobo with a wacky MAC address

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Thu May 2 22:42:22 UTC 2002

....so,

after I tried to get my kernel compiled and failed, I figured, "Heck, ask
the PLUGGERS!"

Lawdy, lawdy, ain't nutt'n but trubba!

I couldn't get the NIC to do anything. ifconfig says its up and has an IP
but the MAC came up as FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. The NIC is an Intel 10/100 built
in on the AX4T. I could ping it from the neighboring machine. It obviously
got an IP address from DHCP. What gives?

<whine>
But it works fine in Windows!
</whine>

I also noticed from dmesg that the NIC was not terribly happy about its
configuration. I'll try again this evening to grab the error message and
plunk it on a floppy. (Pray de lawd fo' sneakuh net! AMEN, bruthuh!)

Clues greatly appreciated. Flames, too, as long as they are off the list!

--
WEL