[PLUG] YAKCP - Yet Another Kernel Compile Problem

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Thu May 2 23:16:00 UTC 2002

> Hehe... OK.
>
> Did you grab the sources directly from kernel.org.  Or, more
> directly, where
> did the source come from?  You might try getting fresh
> sources from a reliable
> location.
>
> The distro shouldn't matter, as long as all the libraries are
> installed.  If
> you can get all the other parts going, then it shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Did you try "make mrproper"?  Try that and then the other
> line (make clean dep
> bzImage modules modules_install).
>
> Also, try configuring it with "make menuconfig" at a
> console/xterm and see if
> the options you're using are still selected.  Basically, what
> you're trying to
> do is see if "make xconfig" did something wrong.

OK. Thanks, Mike. I'll try that. I got the sources from the ISO image, I
guess. I d/l'd them, burnt the CD's and loaded the whole ball o' wax on. All
I was doing was making a custom kernel -- I don't need GigaBit Enet or
Bluetooth, etc.

I read about the mrproper target. I didn't read it until after I had done
the compile initially. So should I just rewind, and do that first, before I
do the clean dep bzImage....?

--
WEL