[PLUG] Up2date problem plus......

Steve Coffman divinstr at dsl-only.net
Fri May 3 00:20:54 UTC 2002

Running up2date -u today to get updated on a few new packages like
sudo I get this message and only headers are downloaded:

[...]
  Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
  There was a package dependency problem.  The message was:

  ==Unresolvable chain of dependencies:
  perl-Perl-RPM  0.291-2                   requires librpm.so.0
  perl-Perl-RPM  0.291-2                   requires librpmio.so.0

I don't understand what this is trying to tell me.  Looks like it
means that I'm missing some libraries required for
perl-Perl-RPM 0.291-2

But I have both the files mentioned:
  root # rpm -ql rpm-4.0.2-8|grep librpm
  /usr/lib/librpm.so.0
  /usr/lib/librpm.so.0.0.0
  /usr/lib/librpmbuild.so.0
  /usr/lib/librpmbuild.so.0.0.0
  /usr/lib/librpmio.so.0
  /usr/lib/librpmio.so.0.0.0

So first, why is this failing?
Second:
After trying to get the RH7.1 update working  , I used the system normally, then did a clean log out of the system.
I booted it up today and got the following:

Filesystem contains large files, but lacks LARGE_FILE flag in superblock.
/: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

I ran e2fsck -b 8193 /dev/hda   to change the location of the superblock since it looks like the one at block 1 has been corrupted. Even tried hda1 but still have the same problem.

Any ideas or should I just fdisk and start all over :-{  ?
Any help would be appreciated before I reload.
Thanks,

Steve Coffman