[PLUG] Printing under WINE

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 03:44:36 UTC 2002

I tend to feel that questions about WINE are
under-represented on this list, but in any case, I
have one. If an application runs under WINE, of
course, the interface looks exactly as it would under
Windows, and that includes the printing menu. So I
suppose if you can print under WINE, there must be a
new printer driver in the pull-down menu that
activates Linux printing. I haven't seen it yet,
however.

The documentation I have seen on this subject seems
inadequate and confusing to me, but perhaps mainly
because I am not familiar enough with it.
Nevertheless, I would appreciate advice on this
subject, especially from those who have succeeded at
printing under WINE. I have a number of Windows
applications that are useful on Linux, but they would
be even more so with printing capabilities.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/

"SAMBA--opening Windows to a wider world."