[PLUG] undelete on a vfat filesystem?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Fri May 3 08:20:47 UTC 2002

Okay, here's a problem for you: how does one "undelete" files on a
mounted vfat filesystem under GNU/Linux?  I deleted the files from
GNU/Linux also, from a SmartMedia card, via a USB media reader,
mounted on /dev/sda1.  I have copies of the files, but I'd kind of
like to have the timestamps too, which I neglected to grab before.

Back in the dark ages, I used to have Norton (or god knows whose)
tools to undelete files from FAT files systems.  Is there such a thing
that runs under GNU/Linux?  Is there something somewhat reliable for
doing it manually?

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible