[PLUG] undelete on a vfat filesystem?

Tyler F. Creelan creelan at engr.orst.edu
Fri May 3 14:29:55 UTC 2002

> Okay, here's a problem for you: how does one "undelete" files on a
> mounted vfat filesystem under GNU/Linux?  I deleted the files from

If its not ext2fs, you can always grep for the file, a la:

grep -a -B[size before] -A[size after] 'identifying string' /dev/sda1

I'm not sure if you can get the timestamps this way though. More info:
http://recover.sourceforge.net/unix/

Note: if you are using ext2, 'recover' is reliable, I think it even has a
gtk frontend now.

Tyler