[PLUG] Aterm Ignores /etc/profile

D. Cooper Stevenson cooper at linux-enterprise.net
Fri May 3 19:59:32 UTC 2002

All;

I use aterm in Window maker for my terminals. I like to use the Vi sequences when I am editing on the command line.

This works when I am in a virtual terminal thanks to a line in /etc/profile as follows:

  set -o vi

When I use 'aterm,' though, it's like the terminal completely spaces off /etc/profile.

The 'set -o vi' line in /etc/profile is totaly independent of any if statements, eg:

  if [[ $TERM = aterm ]]
   blow_off_profile_settings();
  fi

Cooper Stevenson        |cooper.stevenson at wahchang.com
UNIX Administrator      |PH: (541)791-1322
Telledyne Wah Chang     |FAX: (541)924-6895