[PLUG] Apache configuration problem

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 4 00:31:21 UTC 2002

  I'm working on configuring apache and get this far:

checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... checking dependencies
checking whether to enable mod_auth_digest... configure: error:
mod_auth_digest has been requested but can not be built due to prerequisite
failures

  Here's what I have as the command line:

CC=gcc CFLAGS='-O2' \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --localstatedir=/var/local/apache \
 --enable-mods-shared='most' --enable-auth-digest --enable-ssl --enable-cgi \
 --enable-soe

  (thank you, Paul).

  Checking config.log, I find this:

configure:3273: checking for bindprocessor
configure:3301: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -pthread -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT
-D_XOPEN_
SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE  conftest.c -lm -lcrypt -lnsl
-lresolv
-ldl 1>&5
/tmp/ccP2yN5s.o: In function `main':
/usr2/httpd-2.0.35/configure:3295: undefined reference to indprocessor'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 3278 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* System header to define __stub macros and hopefully few prototypes,
    which can conflict with char bindprocessor(); below.  */
#include <assert.h>

  I recall seeing configure errors like this several years ago, but I've
forgotten what I did to fix the problem. I assume that this is why the
program crashed.

Guidance wanted,