[PLUG] Hard drive benchmarking for Linux?

Michael Smith codeyeti at yahoo.com
Sun May 5 17:51:08 UTC 2002

"hdparm -tT /dev/hda" will do a test on your drive.  You'll get different
results if you have an IO load on your machine.  You can also change some
settings with hdparm.  Mandrake used to use hdparm as an initscript when
you booted if you selected the "Use hard drive optimizations" install
option.

A good hdparm optimization line looks like this: "/sbin/hdparm -c1 -d1
-m16 /dev/hda"  Your mileage may vary.

--Mike