[PLUG] server crash

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Sun May 5 23:53:25 UTC 2002

I don't think the computer is being used that hard.  It is mostly a
webserver and email server for a variety of people.  But the CPU usage is
very small.  Only durning a few high times does it go up.  Or when I"m
compiling. :-)

But I have now setup up netsaint on my other linux box to monitor the
server with the problem.  I did this so I could see what is happening and
if the server goes down.

So, if I don't see anything in the logs I will have a problem starting to
figure it out?  I has ran fine for over a year.  It is a 2.2 kernal and
may go to the 2.4 for other reason.  Don't see how that would affect it.
I have most updates on all my programs so feel good there.

Maybe it got too hot.  I don't know.  Does linux have a CPU temp. gague?

Josh