[PLUG] Pine and SSH

launi launi at zaramyth.net
Mon May 6 21:07:19 UTC 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Michael H.Collins wrote:

> Poor Bill.
>

> The whole story is at kuro5hin.
>
> http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/5/5/5177/89761

During my lunch break at work I read my mail using Pine and SSH to my
server.  i have never clicked on a URL in Pine because I did not know how
it would work.  Well today I did and it started Netscape real slow.  i
suspected that it was running from my server via SSH but I'm not sure.  I
tested my companies M$ web mail address using the external URL and it
worked.

When I'm using SSH remotely and start a browser from Pine is the
connection secure?

Lonnie Wormley
launi at zaramyth.net          [Linux and Java]
lonnie at launi.com      [Window$ and graphics]