[PLUG] Pine and SSH

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon May 6 23:23:12 UTC 2002

>>>>> "Jeme" == Jeme A Brelin <jeme at brelin.net> writes:

Launi> During my lunch break at work I read my mail using Pine and SSH
Launi> to my server.  i have never clicked on a URL in Pine because I
Launi> did not know how it would work.  Well today I did and it
Launi> started Netscape real slow.  i suspected that it was running
Launi> from my server via SSH but I'm not sure.

Jeme> Yup.  That's likely what happened.

I am not exactly sure how this works, I've never (or so long ago that
I forgot) investigated, but if I have a Mozilla running locally and I
click on a URL in a ssh-piped emacs running on a remote host, the URL
gets forwarded to my local host's Mozilla and it loads locally.  Works
a lot faster than loading and fowarding the display of a remote
Mozilla.  I know it isn't specific to Mozilla because it worked on
Netscape and maybe even Mosaic before that.

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr at aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible