[PLUG] The broken WP saga: more info

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 7 20:50:32 UTC 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Paul Heinlein wrote:

> Try removing /tmp/wpc-* (esp. where * == your old hostname).

Paul,

 I've tried this. Removing all instances of /tmp/wpc-* allows for the
creation of a new /tmp/wpc-salmo the next time I try to invoke the program.
(I've changed the hostname back to salmo.)

  What's interesting is that no matter how much or how little I have in
~/.wprc (or, if there's nothing there at all), WP will load when I am logged
in on the other workstation.

  What files might be unique to a particular user AND a particular host?
It's the combination that's preventing WP from loading. I know this is
puzzling, but it seems to be a more generic linux question now rather than a
WordPerfect/linux question.

  Perhaps I need to try the Redmond fix: reboot the box. Well, it's been 250
days so it can't hurt, right? :-)