[PLUG] RH 7.3 anyone?

Alan alan at clueserver.org
Wed May 8 16:01:59 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 07:40, Doug Davis wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 21:09, Alan wrote:
>
> > I am not certain if it is in the release version of 7.3. I will check
> > when I am done downloading it.
>
> I have RH7.3 (valhalla) and its a 3 cd set now. If thats not what you
> are downloading its probably not right.

Yep.  I have them all now.  (Including the docs and source RPM discs.)

> It did prompt me for all 3 cds
> in the install so it is required ( although it was only 3 apps on the
> 3rd cd) Havent gotten around to testing yet, but I had a up to date
> patched 7.2 box so Im not sure how many things will be noticeable.It
> does include KDE 3.0 ( which made me switch back from the Gnome camp
> especially with High performance liquid) I did do a fresh install on my
> work machine so maybe that will look somewhat different.

I don't use KDE 3.0 any more.  I found the environment a bit too
controlling.  (Cut and paste always brought up a pop up asking me what I
wanted to do with the selection. It tends to eat control and shift key
press information, which makes certain games difficult. Looks nice
though.)

Currently my main desktop machine is running Redhat 7.2 with Ximian
Gnome. Works pretty well. (I need to change how window focuses work, but
that is minor.)

After the problems I have had with the Mandrake developers, it is nice
to go back to something I know will work correctly.