[PLUG] evolution woes in redhat 7.3

Andrew Puch aapuch at attbi.com
Wed May 8 23:16:23 UTC 2002

I am trying to find out is my box screwed or is redhat 7.3 version of
evolution screwed.

I had ximian and life was good, then I did the upgraded.

Redhat 7.3 Evolution would not allow me to read my mail, nice hang when
trying to fetch the mail from the local machine,  nice hang to  lock the
window mangers focus.

After downloading the source rpm, I found that new evolution will not
build on rh 7.3 environment. It requires the old sleepy cat db3 3.1.17
version to build.

Redhat gets around this by rebuilding db3 3.1.17 in evolution build dir.

But I think that there is a bug, also debugging evolution with it 10 or
so process does not look like fun.

Has anyone been able to pull down their mail in a redhat 7.3 box with
pop, and been able to read mail ??